Jay Witham is a pastor and Bible teacher with more than 40 years of experience in pastoral ministry throughout New England and the Northeast.
In addition to country gospel [inspirational country] concerts, Jay is available for Bible conferences and men’s ministries . Jay’s teaching is accompanied by PowerPoint, video clips and other media sources. Below are some suggested conference themes:
- Wild West Series Jay Witham is a “Cowboy at Heart”. In this four part sermon series Jay looks at some of our favorite (and not so favorite) western heroes and draws some inspiring spiritual applications.
- Spiritual Warfare Series In the past several years Jay has been studying, preaching and teaching on the subject of Spiritual Warfare. He can customize a conference on this subject for as much time as you’ve got to listen.
- One Another Series One of the most challenging aspects of church life is getting Christians to live in community as brothers and sisters in Christ. This multi part series investigates all the “One Another” passages in Scripture with clear cut teaching for the local church.
- NCIS series Built upon the theme of the popular TV series Jay will treat the crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ as a crime scene investigating motive, interrogating eye witnesses and determining who killed Jesus. (3 part series)
Some individual topical messages that have been used with great results also include:
- Adrift in Life’s Sargasso Sea Looking at some of the myths and folklore surrounding this most mysterious or seas, this message will suggest some of the pitfalls Christians may encounter in their spiritual life.
- Dancing with the Stars In this popular TV reality show celebrities learn to dance by following the lead of the professionals. Likewise, we must learn to walk in step with the Holy Spirit.
- Extreme Makeover — God Edition Change is big business on TV these days. 2 Corinthians 3:18 instructs believers that we are being transformed into His likeness with ever increasing glory.
- Fishers of Men Contrasting the call of the four fishermen in Mark 1:14-22, we find that Jesus interrupts our lives with the call to salvation and the call to discipleship. As we follow Jesus we can expect astonishment, awe and wonder.
- Guard Your Heart A message drawn from the life of the Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin and an examination of Proverbs 4:23-5:2
- Identity Theft One of the most troubling dangers in today’s technological society; it is also one of the Enemy’s favorite tactics in Spirital Warfare.
- Just When I Need Him Most From Acts 23:10-11 this message examines the faithfulness of Jesus to those who belong to Him.
- The Mission Based upon the old TV series and new film series Mission Impossible this sermon looks at the purpose of the church to carry out the mission of Jesus Christ “… to seek and to save that which was lost.”
- The Storm before the Calm Drawn from Matthew 8:23-27 we see two huge problems … 1) a sinking ship and 2) a sleeping Savior. But the real problem was the unbelief in the hearts of the disciples.
- What do you want me to do for you? Based on Jesus invitation to the blind man in Matthew 20:29-34, this message explores the Lord’s reasoning behind this unusual question.
Contact Jay for more information or to inquire about availability.
First Baptist Rockland October 25, 2020
First Baptist Rockland October 18, 2020
First Baptist Rockland October 11, 2020 – “The Vengeance Trail”
Samson October 4, 2020
Samson – September 27, 2020
The Name of Jesus – September 19, 2020
September 6, 2020
The Battle of the Cross – Colossians 2:13-15 (28 min | 27 mb)
The Colossian Heresy – Colossians 2:13-15 (36 min | 20 mb)
The Night Before Christmas (28 min | 27 mb)
Prayer and Healing: What the Bible really says – James 5:13-18 (34 min | 33 mb)